2009 OCCC Alumni Hall of Fame
Seven Oklahoma City Community College alumni were inducted into the 2009 Alumni Hall of Fame on October 29, 2009.
The Alumni Hall of Fame is a prestigious annual award that recognizes a select group of former OCCC students showcasing their career and civic accomplishments over the years. "OCCC alumni make outstanding contributions to their communities. We are honored to have played a role in the successes of our former students," said OCCC President Paul Sechrist.
Also being inducted as Honorary Alumni include Kim Henry, Executive Director of Sarkeys Foundation, First Lady of the State of Oklahoma, and John Massey, Regent, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, Chairman, First United Bank, Durant, Oklahoma. Both are being recognized for their contributions to Oklahoma City Community College and their dedication to the success of students throughout the state of Oklahoma.
The 2009 Alumni Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Christopher Burris, Instructor of Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Metro Technology Center
- Teresa Davis, DDS, Dental Wellness Center
- Christina Makarim, DVM, Cedar Creek Veterinary Clinic
- Eddie Manley, Education Training Coordinator, Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Shannon Nance, President, Oklahoma Heritage Association &msp; Gaylord-Pickens Oklahoma Heritage Museum
- Mary Blankenship Pointer, Vice President, Business Development, UMB Bank
- Dee Porter, Chief Operating Officer, Texas State Department of Health
L-to-R Seated: Christopher Burris, Teresa Davis and Dee Porter
L-to-R Standing: Christina Makarim, Eddie Manley, Mary Blankenship Pointer and Shannon Nance