EFFECTIVE TRANSITIONS, INC.405-286-3900
245-A W. Wilshire, OKC, OK 73116
Mon - Fri 8:30 am- 5:30 pm
Behavioral health counseling and mentoring programs for adolescents and their families through the Positive Transitions Program. Community service, educational, recreational and cultural activities.
HISPANIC AMERICAN MISSION405-272-0890
1836 N.W. 3rd St., OKC, OK 73106
Mon to Fri 9 am - 4:30 pm
Interpretation services for Spanish speakers, various immigration services, church services, English and citizenship classes, free clothing. Fee depends on service provided, available to anyone.
LATINO COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY405-236-0701
420 SW 10 St., OKC, OK 73109
Mon - Fri 8:30 am – 5 pm
- Individual counseling
- Parenting groups
- Home visits for Spanish speaking clients
- Home based parenting skills & training
- Services targeted at Latino population
- Free imunizations
- Hispanic women's clinic Mentoring program
OKLAHOMA INDIAN LEGAL SERVICES405-943-6457
4200 Perimeter Center Dr., Suite 222, OKC, OK 73112
Mon - Fri 8 am – 5 pm
Indian child welfare, housing, natural resources, tribal sovereignty issues, individual rights. Low income Native Americans.
OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY - OKC405-945-3378 405-947-4421 (Student Activities) 900 N. Portland, OKC, OK 73107 8am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, & 8am - 5pm Fri
Offers different cultural groups through the student union and the student union and student government association.
ST. VINCENT DEPAUL SOCIETY (EDMOND)405-341-8128
2001 N Western Ave., Edmond, OK 73034
Provides community based cultural services. Edmond area only. Depends on availability of funds. Depends on availability of volunteers.
UNITED URBAN INDIAN COUNCIL405-810-9202
4801 N. Classen Blvd., Suite 200, OKC, OK 73118
Mon - Fri 8:30 am - 11 am & 1 pm - 4:30 pm (except Mon. mornings)
- Funded through the Department of Labor
- Vocational training and job search assistance
- Must live in OK County
- GED classes offered for individuals 18 and older
- Summer youth program for individuals 14 - 21 that includes working in the summe.
- Year-round vocational training offered for youth & adults
VIETNAMESE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION AND COMMUNITY SERVICES CENTER405- 524-3088
912 NW 23rd St., OKC, OK 73106
Mon - Fri 9 am – 5 pm
- Refugee State Services after the first 30 days - transportation, translation, linking to healthcare and food stamps, English language classes, employment skills.
- Seminars for seniors on preventive healthcare and youth on leadership skills.
- Help for Special Immigrant Visa holders.
- Refugee/asylum seekers from all over the world who qualify for Refugee State Services Grant - referred from Catholic Charities.
- Serves the Vietnamese community.
- Serves other refugee populations.