CHILD CARE / CHILD HEALTH
CHILD STUDY CENTER405-271-5700
1100 N.E. 13th, OKC, OK 73117
Mon - Fri, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Behavior management training for parents, early intervention for infants at risk, diagnosis, evaluation and treatments in many specialty areas, physical, occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychological evaluation and treatment, support with conditions, including: autism, Asperger’s syndrome, attention deficit disorder, neuro-developmental disorders,
- Medicaid/SoonerCare - Primary care physician must make a referral or if DHS custody children, the worker can make the referral,
- No sliding scales or payment plans.
HEAD START - COMMUNITY ACTION AGENCY OF OKLAHOMA CITY AND OKLAHOMA/CANADIAN COUNTIES
319 S.W. 25 th , OKC, OK 73109
Mon - Fri. 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Full and part-time day care and preschool services with emphasis on the areas of child development, health/safety, nutrition, mental health, disabilities, family partnerships, parent involvement and literacy.
- These programs advocate for a community that shares responsibility for the healthy development of children and families.
- Children 3 to 5 years of age are eligible for enrollment if their families meet the income guidelines.
OCCC STUDENT SCHEDULED CHILD CARE SERVICEOklahoma City Community College
7777 South May Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73159 405-682-7561 www.occc.edu/childdev/
Student scheduled child care service for children whose parent/guardians are taking classes is available at the OCCC Child Development Center and Lab School. Reservations are required. Call 405-682-7561 for reservations.
STUDENT SCHEDULED CHILD CARE SCHEDULE AND COST INFORMATION
$ 25.00 activity fee per semester per child
$ 5.00 per session per child per daySession 1 - 7:30 a.m.- 10:45 a.m. (M-F) Session 2 - 11 a.m. -2 :15 p.m. (M-F) Session 3 - 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. (M-Th) Session 4 - 5:30 p.m. - close (M-Th, as needed)
Traditional Scheduled Child Care
The Child Development Center and Lab School is open to the community, OCCC staff, and students. Our fulltime hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. We accept children from six weeks of age until the July prior to the fall semester, of which the child is eligible to enter Kindergarten.
OKDHS CHILD CARE FINDER
Oklahoma Department of Human Services provides an online search for child care.
OKLAHOMA CHILD CARE RESOURCE & REFERRAL ASSOCIATION, INC.
- They have an Oklahoma statewide database of licensed child care centers,
- Offer a free interview to determine what child care option is best,
- Smart phone app to find licensed child care (search online for Oklahoma childcare).
OSDH CHILD GUIDANCE CENTERCentral Office 405-271-4477 https://www.ok.gov/health/Community_&_Family_Health/Child_Guidance_Service/Child_Guidance_Program/ Consultations and workshops for parents and school staff
- Speech/ language, hearing services, and screenings,
- Child development services,
- Developmental screenings,
- Parent education and training,
- Psychological screenings, evaluations, and services,
- Referrals and follow-ups,
- For children up to 12 years old,
RAINBOW FLEET (referral line)
3024 Paseo, OKC, OK 73103
Hispanic Speaking Line: 405-525-8783
Live Phone Hours: Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Occasional Sat)
Parents receive free help locating licensed child care by calling the telephone referral line, faxing us a referral request, submitting a referral using an on-line form, or by using Child Care Connector: an On-line Child Care Search.
SPECIAL CARE INC.405-752-5112
12201 N.Western, OKC, OK 73114
Mon - Fri, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Schedule Appointment)
Special Care offers year-round early childhood education, therapy, and after school and summer programs for children with and without special needs. Programs include year-round direct care, early childhood education, and before/after school programs, as well as on-site therapy services. In addition, Special Care's Autism Clinic provides one-on-one therapy for children in our program with autism spectrum disorders.
- Child care,
- Speech Therapy,
- Children ages 6 weeks to 6 years participate in classes according to developmental level,
- Each class is designed to meet the educational, therapeutic, and emotional needs of each child, and approximately 90 of the 135 children education classrooms,
- Each child has an individual education plan and participates in activities designed for social-emotional, physical, language, and cognitive development,
- Teachers, therapists, and parents work together to design short and long-term goals for each child,
- Teachers and therapists also work closely for optimal carryover between therapy and classroom activities,
- Sliding scale.
|Child Care Warmline||1-888-574-5437|
|Prenatal Care Hotline (Baby Hotline)||1-800-311-2229|
|Women, Infants, And Children (WIC) Hotline||1-888-OKLAWIC, (1-888-655-2942)|
|Newborn Hearing Screening Program||1-800-766-2223|
|Newborn Metabolic Screening||1-800-766-2223|
|PRAMS (Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System)||405-271-6761|
|Blood Lead Poisoning Prevention||1-800-766-2223|
|TOTS (The Oklahoma Toddlers Survey)||405-271-6761|
|Infant Crisis Services||1-405-528-3663||Provides formula, food, diapers, & clothing|