OCCC to offer Qualified Crane Rigger and Signalperson Training
The Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) Professional Development Institute is offering a Qualified Crane Rigger and Signalperson training on August 8. The class will qualify individuals to work on crane and rigging operations. According to current OSHA guidelines, workers on these operations need not be certified, but do need to be qualified.
The intensive class is taught by Randy Yount, an ASSE Certified Safety Engineer I&II. It is designed with hands-on testing that will get anyone from the novice to a full-time operator in compliance with ease.
Participants in the class will learn:
• OSHA Standard 29 CFR, Part 1926
• Operator hands on (Rigging & Signalperson)
• Scope of the rigging activity and rigging components
• Technical knowledge inspection
• Execution of rigging activity
• Hand signals
• Voice communication
• Basic knowledge of crane operations
• Site situational awareness
The one-day class will be offered on Friday, August 8 from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at the OCCC Professional Development Institute located at 7124 S. I-35 Service Road. The cost for the course is $175.00.
To register, please contact the OCCC Professional Development Institute at (405) 682-7855 or email@example.com.