OCCC Announces Career Development Scholarship
Application Deadline: Aug. 1
Data from the latest U.S. Census report concluded that 71 percent of the nation's 19.7 million college undergraduates were working in 2011. Of that number, one in five undergrads were working at least 35 hours a week, year-round.
With these very students in mind, Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) has announced the 2014 Career Development Scholarship for working students. The scholarship application deadline is Aug. 1.
The Career Development Scholarship is a tuition waiver for up to nine credit hours and requires the following from students:
• Admission to OCCC
• Completion of 12 college credit hours from OCCC
• 2.75 grade point average or higher
• Work a minimum of 30 hours per week
• Enrollment in nine or more credit hours at OCCC
• Submission of typed, 300-word essay explaining how the OCCC Career Development Scholarship would assist in completing your educational goals at OCCC
• Submission of recommendation letter from your employer and pay stubs showing employment of 30 hours or more per week.
Students can access the Career Development Scholarship by visiting: www.occc.edu/scholarships.
For more information or questions, please call the OCCC office of Recruitment and Admissions at (405) 682-OCCC or email firstname.lastname@example.org.