Transfer Student Information
Students who provide evidence of academic credit in nursing course work from an accredited college(s) or university(ies) may be eligible for admission and advanced placement in Oklahoma City Community College's (OCCC) nursing program if all transfer requirements have been satisfied. Admission is contingent upon space availability. Applicants are considered for NUR 1529 (Nursing Process II) and NUR 2539 (Nursing Process III) only. Applicants who do not meet the specified requirements may apply for admission to the traditional program through the standard application process. (OCCC Nursing Student Handbook statement)
Students seeking to transfer into the OCCC nursing program can review the placement policies in the OCCC Nursing Program Student Handbook. The transfer nursing application deadline is six weeks prior to the beginning of the semester in which the student is seeking admission. All placement testing (and retesting) completed through the Nursing Campus Laboratory must be completed prior to the designated deadline.
Students referred to the Nursing Campus Laboratory for placement testing by the OCCC Nursing Program Director for placement testing will be required to complete the following:
- Theory testing equivalent to the final examination(s) in the course(s) for which transfer credit is sought. The decision score is 74%. Each theory test can be taken one time only.
- Dosage calculation testing with a decision score of 95% is required for transfer. Test content will be equivalent to course level. Testing over dosage calculation will comply with the Medication Administration Competency Plan outlined for each nursing course.
- Skills demonstration equivalent to the skills taught in the course(s) for which transfer credit is sought. Students will be required to purchase a nursing lab kit from the OCCC Bookstore for performance of the skills check off (price available upon request). The skills demonstration(s) may be repeated one time only.
Placement testing and associated requirements are outlined in the transfer student packet associated with the course for which the student is seeking admission:
- NUR1519 Transfer Student Placement Testing Information Packet
- NUR1529 Transfer Student Placement Testing Information Packet
Read the information packet carefully and thoroughly. Contact the Simulation and Nursing Campus Laboratory Coordinator if you have any questions about the process for placement testing.
Students will self-schedule all placement testing (on the specified dates only) utilizing the Nursing Campus Laboratory calendar on the specified dates only. Students are encouraged to plan testing dates carefully to allow for practice of skills, remediation and retesting.