Federal Grants

Federal Pell Grant

Eligibility for Pell Grant is based on financial need. The amount a student can receive depends on the cost of attendance determined by the College, whether the student is full-time, part-time or less than half-time, and the student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number on the Student Aid Report (SAR). To apply each year complete a free application for Student Aid FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/

Your initial Pell Grant award is based on the number of credit hours you are registered for if your FAFSA is received prior to the start of the academic year. If you are not enrolled when your FAFSA is first received, the initial award will be based on full time status. Your final award each semester and the amount of Pell Grant applied to your charges will be based on the credit hours you have at the close of the add/drop period for the semester.

If your FAFSA arrives after the semester is in progress your payment will be based on the credit hours you are in at that point in the semester.

To renew a Federal Pell Grant, a student must reapply each academic year to have their eligibility assessed. Students who have earned a bachelor's degree are not eligible for a Federal Pell Grant at Oklahoma City Community College. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress, not owe a federal grant repayment, or be in default on any student loan. Students who are not paid full time in Fall and Spring semesters will have remaining eligibility for the following summer term. Students who are paid full time Fall and Spring will not be eligible for summer Pell Grant funds. All students who receive Pell Grant funds are limited to 12 fulltime equivalent semesters of Pell Grant funding. After 12 full time equivalent semesters eligibility ends.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The Federal SEOG is a federal grant program limited to students who have exceptional financial need. It must be awarded to Federal Pell Grant recipients who have the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The amount a student can receive depends on the student's need, the availability of Federal SEOG funds, and the amount of other assistance the student is receiving. The usual offer to Oklahoma City Community College students is $300 for the academic year. Due to limited funding, not all exceptionally needy students receive SEOG. Funds are awarded on a first come/first serve basis.

This program is also limited to students who have not yet earned a bachelor's degree. Students are paid once each semester (fall and spring). A very limited amount of Federal SEOG is available for summer. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress, not owe a federal grant repayment, or be in default on any student loan.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG) is offered by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE) to residents of Oklahoma who attend Oklahoma's public and private colleges and universities. You must apply for federal student financial assistance by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually at www.fafsa.gov .

You should apply by March 1st annually to ensure consideration for OTAG. The result of filing the FAFSA is a calculated Expected Family Contribution. The EFC is the dollar amount a family could reasonably be expected to contribute toward a student's costs of attending a college or university.

To be eligible for OTAG, a student's EFC must be $1,700 or less. The maximum award at OCCC for a full time student is $1000.00 for the academic year (Fall and Spring Semesters). Students whose enrollment level is less than full time but at least half-time receive a prorated amount determined by the State OTAG program, generally $378 a semester.

Learn more about the OTAG program by reviewing the Fact Sheet page. Be sure you file the FAFSA early and complete all document requests from the OCCC Financial Aid Office to ensure you receive all types of assistance you may be eligible to receive.

State Grant Assistance

Students who are not residents of Oklahoma may be eligible for a state grant or scholarship from their home state. Check with your state education agency to see if you may qualify and any specific timelines and criteria. If you need help finding contact information for your home state agency, go to the helpful information links of this webpage and click on State Higher Education Agencies or visit the following website: http://wdcrobcolp01.ed.gov/Programs/EROD/org_list.cfm?category_ID=SHE