Services for Students with Disabilities

Services for Students with Disabilities

Students who have disabilities, including those with mobility limitations, speech, hearing or sight impairment, learning, or other disabilities covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, may receive reasonable educational accommodations.

To request accommodations, students with disabilities must go directly to the Office of Student Support Services where all disabilities must be verified with supporting documentation.

Student responsibilities may include:

a) obtaining psychological/educational testing,
b) providing other verifying documents,
c) private tutoring (the College does provide learning labs where tutoring is available to all students), and/or
d) personal attendant services, i.e. wheelchair attendants.

Contact the Office of Student Support Services for information on documentation needs and services available. Students are advised to make their request well in advance of the beginning of classes (especially advisable if the accommodation requires a textbook in an alternative format. Inquiries about reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities can be directed to Office of Student Support Services at (405) 682-7520 or visiting Students with disabilities wishing to appeal decisions regarding accommodations planned or provided may request an ADA grievance form from the office of the ADA coordinator. Call (405) 682-7850 to request the form or go to