Students who have already been admitted to the College have two options for enrolling in courses:

Auditing a Course

Auditing gives students the opportunity to participate in a course without concern for credits or grades. Students can also re-take a course in which they have already earned credit. To audit a course, a student must meet all eligibility requirements for admission to the institution. A student may audit only those courses in which they have met all prerequisites. Audit enrollment guidelines are as follows:
A student must indicate during their initial enrollment that they intend to “audit” a course.

Standard credit hour fees will be assessed for audited courses. Financial aid cannot be applied to
courses being audited.  A grade of “AU” will be posted on the official college transcript for each course audited (see Grading System).

Course Withdrawal/Schedule Adjustment

Students may adjust their schedules prior to the first day of the term without penalty. Students who want to adjust their schedule can contact the Office of Academic Advising or use their Mine Online account to access online enrollment services.

Students adjusting their schedules or completely withdrawing from all classes during the first two weeks of a sixteen-week class or the first week of a four, five-, six-, or eight-week class will be charged 100% fees for any classes added and will receive a 100% refund of tuition and fees for any dropped courses. Finance and late charges accrued will be reduced. To withdraw from a class, a student must complete and submit an add/drop form in the Office of Records or withdraw on the college web site at mineonline.occc.edu.


See academic calendar for exact withdraw dates.

All refunds for credit students, including financial aid, will be processed in accordance with preferences selected using your OCCC debit card at www.occcdebitcard.com. Payments made by credit card will be refunded to the credit card.

Students may still withdraw from classes after the add/drop period but will receive no refund and will be billed for any outstanding payment due. Students may withdraw without refund any time prior to the fourth quarter of a semester (through the twelfth week of a sixteen-week semester or the sixth week of an eight-week semester). Officially withdrawing from a course will not negatively affect academic standing with respect to the College’s Academic Retention Policy. However, withdrawals processed after the add/drop period may adversely affect financial aid status.


Emergency Drop/Late Withdrawal

Students may petition to withdraw after the add/drop or withdrawal deadline if an emergency situation exists. An emergency is defined as an extraordinary and unforeseen event (such as an illness requiring hospitalization, work transfer to another state) that occurred after the add/drop or withdrawal deadline and/or prevented the student from withdrawing by the deadline. To be considered for an Emergency Drop/Late Withdrawal the student must submit a written appeal (forms available in the Office of Records) along with support documentation to the Office of Records. The appeal will be reviewed by a committee and the committee’s decision will be final. The appeal must be filed within 90 days of the end of the semester in question.

Late Enrollment

At Oklahoma City Community College students may, under certain circumstances, enroll late in classes. Any enrollment, which occurs after the first class meeting of a semester is considered to be a late enrollment. Students who must enroll late may contact the Office of Academic Advising for late enrollment conditions, procedures, and timelines.

Enrollment prior to the beginning of classes is essential to afford the student the best chance of success. Students who enroll late are responsible for any coursework missed. It is critical that, prior to the next class meeting, the student contact the instructor to obtain information on the attendance policy and coursework missed.

Never Attended – Non-Attendance

Students who do not attend the courses(s) for which they are enrolled will be reported by the individual faculty member as never attended and be subsequently administratively withdrawn from the courses(s).  Students who enroll, but do not attend will be responsible for the full amount of the tuition and fees owed.

Faculty members will be asked to submit a report of students who have never attended their class one week after the add and drop period for that term.

Students, regardless of whether or not they have made any payment or been approved for financial aid, will be administratively withdrawn from their courses(s) but no reduction in charges will occur.

Those approved for financial aid will not be awarded that aid if marked as never attended.

Never attended in online classes will be defined as having not engaged in course assignments or discussion and in face-to-face classes as having not had a physical presence in the classroom.

Students will have 90 days from the end of the term to appeal for a late administrative withdraw and/or a reduction/elimination of charges.  The appeal process will be administered on one form and managed by the Director of the Bursar Office and the Registrar or their designees.

Additionally, if a student does not begin attending any of their courses during the add/drop period, their pending financial aid disbursements will be cancelled.  Funds disbursed prior to the start of the semester will be returned in full to financial aid programs and the student is responsible for reimbursing Oklahoma City Community College.

In-State Tuition Requirements

An initial determination, based upon information provided on the student’s application for admission, will be made as to whether a student qualifies for Oklahoma resident status. This determination will be based on the policies of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Students who wish to petition for a change in their residence classification must submit a Petition for In-State Tuition Classification along with all appropriate support documentation to the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. For additional information regarding in-state/out-of-state tuition status and reclassification forms, contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.