At Oklahoma City Community College a normal academic load is 12 to 16 credit hours for a 16-week instructional session.
Enrolling in 16 credits or more during a 16 week instructional session OR enrolling in 8 credits or more during an 8 week instructional session translates into approximately 60 hours of time commitment each week. When a student’s academic workload may exceed a full time job, it is strongly recommended that a student accesses the resources available to support academic success. If a student should have questions or would like to speak with an academic advisor to discuss their academic workload, please call 682-7535 or email email@example.com.
In order to avoid delaying your registration processes using Mine Online, be sure to complete and confirm drop course transactions prior to adding course transactions.
Enrollment cannot exceed 24 credit hours during a 16 week instructional session or 12 credit hours in an 8 week instructional session.
Following are resources to support your success in any of your OCCC courses.
- Make sure you know the add and drop dates for the term(s) you are registered for courses: http://www.occc.edu/enrollment/add-drop-dates.html. ‘Calendar Events’ on the Main OCCC Website also has important academic dates identified.
- Academic Advising offers walk-in advising during regular business hours Monday – Wednesday 8 – 6pm, Thursday 11:30 – 6pm, and Friday 8 – 5pm or call 682-7535 to request an appointment.
- Access free academic support services for the courses you are enrolled - http://www.occc.edu/academics/labs-and-centers.html
- For any writing and literacy skills assistance visit the Communications Lab: http://www.occc.edu/comlab
- Make an appointment with a Learning Support Specialist or Licensed Counselor in Student Support Services at 405-682-7520.
- Access support for Online courses: http://www.occc.edu/onlineresources/
- Don't be afraid to ask your professor for help.