Study Abroad Programs

Veterans  Services

Oklahoma City Community College Veterans Services Office, located in the Main Building adjacent to the Financial Aid Office, is the primary point of contact to assist veterans and service members and their family members with enrollment certification and referral to other available services at the College.

Veterans Education Benefits 

Veterans Education Benefits are funded by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Applications are available online at: Assistance in completing the application and enrollment certification is available in the OCCC Veterans Services Office.

Veterans may also be eligible for Federal and State grants, and should also complete a FAFSA at: .

If you served on Active Duty, you may be eligible for education benefits offered by The Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after Sep 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after  30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

Veterans Education Benefits are paid directly to the student on a monthly basis. Chapter 33 benefits of tuition and fees are paid directly to the College and applied to the student's account. Chapter 33 students may also receive a book voucher. Students must be actively pursuing an eligible degree or certificate program and begin attendance in the courses for each semester.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member's Post-9/11 Gi Bill Benefits to you.

Reporting to OCCC Veterans Services Office

If you are claiming Veterans Education Benefits for the first time, OCCC Veterans Services will need copy 4 of your DD form 214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty).

If you are in the National Guard or the Reserves, OCCC Veterans Services will need a copy of your DD form 2384 (NOBE –Notice of Basic Eligibility). Your NG Unit will provide this to you.

If you are getting benefits through the Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation program, OCCC Veterans Services will need a copy of your VA form 22-1905 from your counseling psychologist.

If you are claiming benefits as a dependent, OCCC Veterans Services will need a copy of your letter of eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or the eligible veteran's claim number or social security number.

Your Academic Advisor must approve your classes on the OCCC Veteran Enrollment Information Sheet each semester that you enroll and the OCCC Veterans Services will need a copy.

Each semester that you are enrolled, OCCC Veterans Services will need copies of your class schedule and your transcript.

Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant

The Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant is available to students whose parents or guardian died as a result of military service in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11/2001. Students must be under the age of 24 years old or enrolled in college at the time of death of the parent or guardian’s to be eligible. The award amount will be equal to the maximum Pell Grant for that academic year.

Service Members Tuition Assistance

If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Before enrolling, check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service installation education office.

If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the pay grades of E1-E5, o1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career.

Tuition Assistance is paid directly to the College and applied to the student's account. 

National Guard Tuition Waiver

The Oklahoma National Guard Tuition Waiver Program authorizes the waiver of tuition charges up to 18 credit hours each semester for students who are members of an Oklahoma National Guard Unit. National Guard members must complete the tuition waiver application form available from their unit. The Oklahoma National Guard submits a roster of eligible students to OCCC. The National Guard member must be attending a state-supported college or university and have not yet earned a Bachelor's degree. Benefits continue for six years from the date of the first application for the tuition waiver. The student must maintain a 2.00 Cumulative GPA each semester.

For additional Veterans information visit: