Assignments failing to meet any of these items will be eligible for a maximum of 50% credit.
See additional Mandatory Requirements below.
- Code must be properly indented. Page 41 gives good example.
- The web pages must display correctly in BOTH Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- The links between the existing pages with the JavaJam Coffee House website are broken.
Text Pages: 60-63
Errata Sheet: Chapter Updates for Chapter 2 (In new window, click on Chapter 2 and then scroll to the bottom of center column)
Complete the Web Site Case Study entitled JavaJam Coffee House with the following modifications:
- Include a title for your web pages that includes your name (Example: JavaJam Coffee House Homepage by Cody Codewriter -- Cody Codewriter is replaced by your name
- Notice that the Copyright information includes a special character
- On the menu page, after the definition list add a new paragraph that will include the words Information about Coffee Drinks (use the <strong> element) followed by an external link to Coffee Wiki. The url is http://coffee.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_coffee_drinks. The modified page will look as follows:
- On p. 62 it states to create links to music.html and jobs.html. Since those pages do not exist, when the user clicks on them a page not found (or similar error) will display. That is acceptable for now.
- Using FileZilla upload the entire javajam folder to your Apollo web site
- Information regarding your apollo and login is mailed to students using ANGEL email the beginning of the second week. Email your professor if you have not received it.
- Access your web pages using the following URL http://apollo.occc.edu/user#####/javajam (user##### will be replaced by the login provided by your instructor.)
- The JavaJam Coffee House homepage must appear without any further navigation or clicking.
- Use the DropBox in this weeks folder.
- Enter your name and the assignment name in the Title area.
- In the Message area, use the HTML editor to create a link to your web site. (example: apollo.occc.edu/####/javajam where #### will be replaced by your login.)
- The web page must open in a new window.
- Need help creating the link? Maybe Submitting URL's can help.
Failure to adhere to and/or include the following items will prevent the assignment from being graded. (Note: If time permits, the assignment can be resubmitted during the late/resubmit period, but there will be a 10% penalty.)
- All pages must include Transitional DTD information at the top of the XHTML code.
- Web pages must be correctly posted to the Apollo server
- The entire javajam folder must be uploaded to the server
- The homepage for the Java Jam website must be index.html
- All web pages must validate (XHTML) without errors using the Web Developer Tool Bar in FireFox
- The URL in ANGEL's DropBox must be a working link and it must open the assignment in a new browser window.
- The homepage for JavaJam Coffee house must display when the link (http://apollo.occc.edu/####/javajam) in the DropBox is clicked. (no additional clicks to locate the homepage Note: #### is replaced by the apollo login provided by your professor)