Digital Media Design
Digital Media Design Degrees from Oklahoma City Community College
In this high-tech program, you’ll learn to use all the tools that drive today’s media and entertainment projects.
Digital media designers use text, sound, graphics, animation and video to inform and entertain audiences. It’s a career that’s a mix of traditional graphic design, interactive and web design, motion design and video production.
As a professional designer, you’ll be trained to work in graphic arts, digital media, interactive media, web design, photo editing, 3D modeling, animation, video editing and special effects.
Oklahoma City Community College is ready for you with an associate in applied science degree in digital media design and a certificate of mastery in digital media design. You’ll work with the most advanced digital media design software and programs available, as well as the most knowledgeable computer-aided technology instructors and professors, making you a sought-after candidate for the top jobs in the field.
Why wait? Apply online today!
In the Digital Media Design Program at OCCC, you’ll learn:
- To create computer illustrations, graphics, page layouts, animations and video and audio at an introductory level
- The principles of design and critical thinking skills that lead to creative solutions
- Technical skills and creative techniques with respect to digital cameras and scanners, image retouching and manipulation, selection, layering, color correction, channels, paths and filters
- Technical and creative skills in non-linear editing, compositing, special effects, camera movements and cinematic points of view, titling and motion graphics
- To create, generate and integrate 3D computer graphics
- To create 3D character models and animation in the fields of television, movies, advertising, multimedia and gaming
- To work with the most advanced technology available in OCCC’s digital media design classrooms and labs
Digital Media Design Degrees at Oklahoma City Community College
Oklahoma City Community College offers an associate in applied science degree in digital media design and a certificate of mastery:
- Associate in applied science degree – digital media design: This degree will allow you to take on an entry-level position in this career field upon graduation.
- Another option is the certificate of mastery in digital media design. This is the fast-track program for those who want to take just the core courses in digital media design and for professionals who would like to enhance their skills.
Digital Media Design Classes at Oklahoma City Community College
Oklahoma City Community College offers digital media classes where you study with faculty who actively research the newest trends in the industry. You’ll take classes in:
- Digital Media Development
- Creativity and Design
- Electronic Publishing: InDesign I
- Digital Imaging
- Website Development
- 3D Rendering and Design Visualization
- Computer-Aided Design
- Computer Drawing: Illustrator
- 3D Animation and Special Effects
- Digital Media Scripting
- Digital Video Editing
- Design Project
Professor of Computer-Aided Technology
Master in Education - Central State UniversityB.S. in Math - Wayne State UniversityAAS Drafting and Design - Henry Ford Community CollegeAAS Multimedia - Oklahoma City Community College37 Years Professor - Oklahoma City Community College10 Years Designer and Engineer - Ford Motor Company - Engine Division5 years Test Technician - U.S. Army Tank Arsenal, Warren Michigan
Department Chair and Professor of Computer-Aided Technology
I start teaching at Oklahoma City Community College in 1990. I was hired as a part-time Instructor to teach AutoCAD to business and industry clients. In January 1991 I was hired full-time as a Professor of Drafting and Design.I started using AutoCAD as a student at East Central University in 1986, using AutoCAD version 2.18 on an IBM AT computer. All you needed were two floppy disks, one with MS-DOS and another with AutoCAD. Prior to starting at OCCC, I taught Technology Education at Killeen High School, in Killeen, Texas. Over the years I have taught AutoCAD at East Central University in Ada, University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond and University of Oklahoma in Norman.
What You Can Do With an OCCC Digital Media Design Degree or Certificate:
As a professional digital media designer, you’ll be trained to work in:
- Graphic arts
- Digital media
- Interactive media
- Web design
- Photo editing
- 3D modeling
- Video editing
- Special effects
Earn a digital media design degree at OCCC and take on the world! Your career choices will be virtually limitless.