Aviation Maintenance Technology
Aviation Maintenance Technology Degrees from Oklahoma City Community College
Prepare for a career as an aviation maintenance technician.
Studying Aviation Maintenance Technology through Oklahoma City Community College’s Cooperative Alliance with Metro Tech Technology Center gives you the opportunity to become an aviation maintenance technician.
An associate degree or certificate of mastery in Aviation Maintenance Technology will lead you directly into the job market as a highly skilled technician who can service, repair and overhaul various aircraft components and systems.
In your Aviation Maintenance Technology classes taught at Metro Tech Technology Center’s Aviation Career Center campus, you’ll learn:
- Aviation maintenance principles
- Critical thinking and communication skills
- How to service, repair and overhaul aviation electrical and hydraulic systems
- How to service and repair airframes, engines and propellers on commercial and private aircraft
At Oklahoma City Community College, you’ll take core academic classes in English, math, history and more.
Aviation Maintenance Technology Degrees at Oklahoma City Community College
With OCCC’s Cooperative Alliance in Aviation Maintenance Technology, you could earn:
- An associate degree in science in Aviation Maintenance Technology: This degree is part of the Oklahoma City Aviation/Aerospace Education Alliance, and the Aviation Maintenance Technology courses are certified by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- An associate degree in applied science in Aviation Maintenance Technology: This degree will lead you straight into the job market after graduation.
- A certificate of mastery in Aviation Maintenance Technology – airframe and powerplant technician: This program is accredited by the Federal Aviation Administration and is designed for immediate employment with the option to return to OCCC to complete the requirements of the associate degree in applied science.
OCCC’s Cooperative Alliance program allows students to earn an associate degree or certificate of mastery in Aviation Maintenance Technology. In these programs you will:
- Complete all your general education requirements at OCCC
- Take your Aviation Maintenance Technology courses at Metro Tech Technology Center’s Aviation Career Center campus
Aviation Maintenance Technology Courses at Metro Tech Through Oklahoma City Community College
In addition to your general education requirements, you’ll take these aviation maintenance technology classes:
- Fundamentals of Aviation Maintenance
- Basic Aircraft Electronics
- Technical Mechanics and Regulations
- Aircraft Structures I and II
- Airframe Systems I and II
- Reciprocating Engines I and II
- Jet Turbine Powerplant I and II
- Airframe Electrical Systems
- Powerplant Electrical Systems
Since your core courses in Aviation Maintenance Technology are offered at Metro Tech, you’ll learn from the faculty at this institution.
Careers in Aviation Maintenance Technology
If you’re interested in learning how to service, repair and overhaul aircraft components and systems, the associate degree or certificate of mastery programs could land you in a lucrative career field in the public or private sector.
Aerospace is one of the top industries in Oklahoma, and there’s always a job opening for skilled aviation maintenance technicians who can take care of electrical and hydraulic systems, airframes, engines and propellers on commercial and private aircraft. In fact, we are one of the top aerospace centers in the world with nearly 200,000 employees working at more than 400 aviation-related companies, government agencies, military installations, academic institutions and manufacturers.