The men and women of the Oklahoma City Community College Campus Police Department are committed to enhance the quality of campus life, lessen the fear of crime and promote safety for all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
The Campus Police Department operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and has commissioned Campus Police Officers on duty any time classes are in session.
According to the Oklahoma State Statutes, a CLEET certified campus police officer shall have the authority to enforce:
1. State criminal statutes;
2. Municipal ordinances, if authorized by an agreement with the municipality; and
3. Rules and regulations of the school, institution of higher education or airport public trust or its beneficiary employing such campus police officer.
The main office of the Campus Police Department is located in Room 1K8 of the Main Building, in between the Coffee Shop and Main Building Entry 3, which leads to Parking Lot G.
In addition to providing for the safety of students, employees, and visitors, the Campus Police Department provides many courtesy services, including:
- Dispatching and escorting EMSA & OCFD to campus incidents
- Administering access to buildings during closed hours
- Providing vehicle jump starts and unlocks
- Distributing employee parking placards
- Escorting people to/from parking lots
- Managing the Lost & Found