Testing and Assessment Services
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Assessment Services
- GED Information
- Test Center Information
Authorized Pearson VUE Test Center
Pearson VUE Testing Hours vary due to other National and Institutional Tests
Please go to the Pearson VUE website to schedule a test or for information:
Testing & Assessment FAQ’s
- How do I sign up for my GED test?
- You will need to go to www.GED.com to register, schedule and pay for your GED exam.
- What’s the cost of the GED?
- The total cost is $136. Each section is $34 (Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts). You have the option to take one section at a time or all in one day.
- What about GED classes?
- The Adult Learning Center or FACE (Family Adult Continuing Education) Center is in charge of the GED, TOEFL and ESL classes. They are located at 6500 S. Land Ave Okc, OK 73159. The phone number is 405-682-7873.
- For more information about GED: http://www.occc.edu/ACS/gedinfo.html
- I'm an international student. Do I need to take the TOEFL test to be admitted to OCCC?
- An Admissions requirement is that students who did NOT graduate high school from the United States take the TOEFL test.
- What’s a passing score for TOEFL?
- In order to take classes at the college, you’ll need to make a 500 or higher. Admissions offers the Bridge Program (advanced English classes) for students who score 460-499. If you don’t want the Bridge Program, you’ll have to retest.
- For more information about TOEFL: http://www.occc.edu/ACS/toefl.html
- What’s the difference between a National ACT and a Residual ACT?
- National ACT scores can be taken to any college in Oklahoma, while Residual scores are only valid at the testing site (i.e. OCCC only).
- Is there a waiting period between ACT tests ACT?
- There is no waiting period between National ACT tests. However, there IS a 60-day waiting period between taking Residuals.
- For more information about ACT: http://www.occc.edu/ACS/act.html
- Do I need to take the TEAS test?
- This depends on the Nursing program you are applying for. The BADNAP program requires a TEAS test. The TEAS is optional for preference points for the Traditional and Career Ladder Programs. However, Career Ladder may require the LPN STEP test.
- What’s the score I need to pass the TEAS test or get preference points for it?
- Traditional: 62% (for 3 preference points)
- BADNAP: 70% (required to apply)
- Career Ladder: 62% (for 3 preference points)
- For more information about TEAS: http://www.occc.edu/ACS/net.html
- What’s a CLEP test?
- The CLEP is a test for students who want to test out of a class for credit. There is no grade attached to this test, only a “Satisfactory” on your transcript.
- How do I register for the CLEP and what’s the cost?
- Go to www.collegeboard.com/clep to register and pay the $80 for the test. Once you receive the voucher number, call us here at 405-682-7531 to schedule your exam. We charge a $15 administration fee when you come in for your appointment.
- Do I need to be an OCCC student to take the CLEP?
- No. If you are taking this test for another college, there is an area in the registration for sending your scores to another college.
- What happens if I don’t pass the CLEP?
- If you don’t get the passing score, you’ll have to wait six months to take the same test again or enroll in that class instead.
- For more information about CLEP Tests go to: http://www.occc.edu/ACS/CLEP.html